Any home remodeling project start with an idea. The idea of having a new kitchen, the idea of turning the backyard into a beautiful garden, or even the idea of finally replacing that old pipeline in the bathroom. The difficulty is bringing the idea into reality, and that means planning the remodeling project – the stage where too many homeowners get lost in the way. What should you start with? What to consider? What is important? How do you stay focused in between the countless options? On this article we’ll try to answer those questions and more, by giving you 10 great tips for your remodeling project.
Choosing a Remodeling Company
Choosing the remodeling company has a lot of weight in the results you’ll get at the end of the project. And not only the results. Choosing a good professional company will also allow you to experience a calm project rather than a stressful one. Here’s 3 tips for choosing the remodeling company for your project.
- Professionalism – choose a professional company that has a vast experience with remodeling projects of any kind – kitchens, bathrooms, backyards, etc. You can explore the company’s prior projects in order to assess its experience and professionalism.
- Local Company – tend to prefer a local remodeling company over others. Not at all cost of course, but if you find a local company that is professional, experienced and offers everything you’re looking for – prefer it over long distance companies. Choosing a local company will probably mean that the company will be more available to you and you’ll support your local community while at it.
- General Contractor – prefer a remodeling company that operate as a general contractor. It will save you a lot of time as you’ll find everything you need for your remodeling project under the same roof. Additionally, it will allow the company to give you a more comprehensive estimate for your project.
An Estimate Meeting
Remember – getting a free estimate for your project should be before you choose the remodeling company! Here’s 3 tips about the estimate meeting.
- A Free Estimate – the estimate of your remodeling project should be free and with no obligations whatsoever. That will allow you to better understand what to expect and will allow you to prepare for it.
- At Your Place – logically, the estimate meeting should take place at your residence (or the place you wish to remodel). The remodeling company’s representative should take measurements in order to give you a realistic price quote. Otherwise, the proposal will be a rough estimate rather than closer to the actual price.
- A Comprehensive Estimate – ask the professional to include materials and work in the estimate in order for it to be as comprehensive as possible.
Building Your Remodeling Project’s Budget
You don’t want to start a home remodeling project without setting your budget. It doesn’t have to be spot on to the cent, but you ought to be aware of the scale of the investment you’re willing to make. Here’s 2 tips for building a budget for your remodeling project.
- Costs – the more you’ll explore and become aware of the costs of elements in your project, the better you’ll know what to expect.
- Budget Limit – it is important to set a limit for your project’s budget. That way, it will be easier for you to plan your project according to the budget and it will be easier for you to remain within your budget limit.
The Duration of Your Remodeling Project
There are two main things to decide for the duration of your project:
- Starting Date – set a starting date for your remodeling project. Remember – the date must suit both you and the remodeling company.
- Duration Time – ask for the remodeling company to give you a time frame for your project, so you’ll know when to expect it to be completed.
What to Include in Your Remodeling Project
Our last extra tip is to try and decide what is it that you wish to include in your remodeling project. It will allow you to better plan your budget for the whole project and for each element in it, it will allow the remodeling company to give you a more accurate price quote, and it will allow you to better understand the time frame you’ll need for the project.
Here’s a short list of things to consider for your remodeling project:
- Faucets and sinks
- Electric appliances
The more detailed your list will be, the easier it will be to plan the entire project. You can be assisted by professional for the planning stage as well. At Best Buy Cabinets we offer a guidance with planning your remodeling project in every step of the way. Call to consult with no obligations – 702-660-0610.